Friday, April 5, 2013

The Easter Dress


Yes. The dress needs its own blog post. 
To say that Gethsemane is obsessed with the dress would be the understatement of the year. She gasped when we bought it for Easter a few weeks before, and looked at it everyday in her closet of those weeks. "Mommy, WHEN it is gonna be EASTER and I can wear my EASTER DRESS?!"

Well. Easter finally came and she was more excited about putting on this dress than about her basket of treats. We went to Easter Mass and she was extra quiet thanks to looking at and patting the dress. (Except for a panicked bellow at Daddy at one point: "DADDY IS SITTING ON MY EASTER DRESS!!!")

The next crisis came when it was time to go for our Easter hike at the park. I was changing the kids out of their Easter outfits into run-around-and-get-dirty clothes and tennis shoes, and she started wailing. "But I don't want to change out of my EASTER DRESS!  I want to wear my EASTER DRESS all day and never ever take it off!" 
So she went on the hike in her Easter dress. 

I'll let you guess what bedtime was like.


2 comments:

  1. LOL!! A little girly girl for sure!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hilarious! What a lovely Mommy for letting her STAY in the EASTER DRESS!

    Hugs and Blessings~

    ReplyDelete